Production: Wall Hangings

We had a show coming up and I wanted to add some items to our inventory. I decided on some wall hangings. I have some ocean and farm files I purchases off Etsy. I chose a sea turtle (done separately), hammerhead shark, seahorse, chihuahua, cat, cock, and hen. For most, I made two sizes. (I made two turtles and two seahorses of the same size. All others had a small and large one cut and put together.)

I then went to our pallet wood pile and chose a few boards. They needed a bit of cleaning so I planed them.

Next I trimmed them to the width and length I needed. 

 

I lightly sanded them as I wanted the rough look to come through.

I then put the pieces together and lasered the files onto the boards.


Time to cut out the files. I used our small bandsaw.

Then there was more sanding. Edges only. I used the oscillating sander, the belt sander, stick sanders, and regular sand paper to get the edges, tight spots, and corners smooth.


 

Time to paint.










The next step was to glue the painted pieces together.

The final step was to add a hanger.


For many of the pieces, I made the hanger loose enough to allow for hanging at different angles.



I'm not the fastest maker. These took me almost two weeks from start to finish. I did have a couple other projects going on at the same time. Those you'll see in other posts.

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did making the items.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Production: Romeo & Juliet End Grain Teak Cutting Boards